Hockey Talk  

Go Back   Hockey Talk > General Hockey Discussion > Help Me!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Wrist injury...what to do?

Well, I pretty much injured my wrist taking wrist shots.
Now, my wrist hurt especially when I put weight on it (for example doing push up) or if I twist it (if I try to open a bottle of something).

So, now I pretty much can't shoot anymore but every time I go skating, I end up taking a couple of shots. I can't get power and precision anymore, hurts too much.

So, what is wrong with my wrist? what could I do so it doesn't hurt anymore?
anyone had something similar too this? what did you do?
Old 12-28-2007, 10:08 PM

might be some tendinitis... Does it hurt on the inside towards the underside of the thumb?

and that due to a nuclear accident I may have more than 40 pairs of hands...

Trying something new: Join me on Twitter, TBLfan37. You can also find me on AIM via the same name.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:10 AM

Default tendinitis

I don't think it's a tendinitis. My wrist hurts when there is pressure put on it and when its in an angle. For example, if my wrist is straight, then it doesn't hurt at all, I can pretty much stick handle and pass when I play hockey.

But, its my wrist shot, that hurts when I do the "snap" with my wrist.

It doesn't feel like any tendon are hurt. It's more like the articulation.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:22 AM

I had something similar but it was tendinitis on a very particular spot on my wrist. I had to look everywhere to find a brace that worked and took away the pain.

It was really weird, it felt fine when it was straight, I could even hold lots of weight like a suitcase and it was fine. But simple tasks like scratching my head hurt like hell.

Go an find a brace, try them on and find something that supports the injury the best and wear it as much as possible.

Trying something new: Join me on Twitter, TBLfan37. You can also find me on AIM via the same name.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:36 AM

worst thing to do is ruch the healing
"One game if we played em 10 times they might win nine.but not this game.not tonight.Tonight,we skate with them Tonight, we stay with them.And tonight we shut them down because we can! Tonight WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players.Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight.This is your time .Im sick and tired of hearing about how great a hockey tem the Soviets have... This is you time now go out there and take it"! -Herb Brooks
Old 12-29-2007, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
I had something similar but it was tendinitis on a very particular spot on my wrist. I had to look everywhere to find a brace that worked and took away the pain.

It was really weird, it felt fine when it was straight, I could even hold lots of weight like a suitcase and it was fine. But simple tasks like scratching my head hurt like hell.

Go an find a brace, try them on and find something that supports the injury the best and wear it as much as possible.
Might be a tendinitis then.

Right now, I have wrap around my wrist a brown elastic bandage to help to hold my wrist straight.

I think ill focus only on skating for a couple of days.
No more hockey for a while.

I'm just scared that this injury will happen again after it heal. I had something similar to this a couple of years ago also because of my wrist shot.

Could it be my technique that is wrong... maybe I try to "snap" it too much when I do wristers.

Could better hockey gloves help? or wrapping my wrist with bandage before playing hockey?
Old 12-29-2007, 02:19 AM

If it's anything like mine it will heal after a few weeks... I kept playing hockey but with the brace on. It hasnt come back.

Old 12-29-2007, 02:19 AM

is there ANY PAIN AROUND YOUR elbow ?
"One game if we played em 10 times they might win nine.but not this game.not tonight.Tonight,we skate with them Tonight, we stay with them.And tonight we shut them down because we can! Tonight WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players.Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight.This is your time .Im sick and tired of hearing about how great a hockey tem the Soviets have... This is you time now go out there and take it"! -Herb Brooks
Old 12-29-2007, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy94 View Post
is there ANY PAIN AROUND YOUR elbow ?
No, none at all

But last summer, I injured my arm(twice in the same week), not really sure if it was a tendinitis or a pulled muscle but it was hurting like hell and I couldn't sleep, I eventually had to go see the doctor so he prescribed me some pills to take the pain away. My arm kinda feel strange sometime since then, but I wouldn't say it's hurting. The strange thing was that it was hurting everywhere in my arm, elbow to the shoulder, mostly around the triceps. But I don't think that this old injury is related to my wrist one.

Last edited by sluice : 12-29-2007 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:00 AM

thats good cuz my dad had tendinitis and had to have surgery on his elbow