Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Ice Hockey Skates
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 18th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Official and ONLY "What skates should I get" thread

You see the topic.....

Simply throw in here your current skates, your experience, position, height, weight, hair color, finger nail length....yeah....you get the picture.

And we will all do our best to help you out with your decision to purchase skates, from IW of course with their FREE Return Shipping that is included with any skate purchase.

29 years.....still not a pro
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:27 PM

I currently have S3s but would like to go a step up,so i'm looking in the $120-$200 range. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:37 PM

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=ES07

Pick up some S7s. They should fit just like your S3s but they will be stiffer and they may come with a different holder etc...
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:52 PM

i have been wearing ccm vector 4 inlines and need a new pair. I am looking for some high end ones under about $300 so...

What skates should i get?

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=575726
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-luke-finch View Post
i have been wearing ccm vector 4 inlines and need a new pair. I am looking for some high end ones under about $300 so...

Do the 4's fit you well? If so I'd go with the Vector 10.0's. I've been skating in a pair of these for about a year and find them great.

Regards,
Nelson

Last edited by SPREEDIZZLE : June 19th, 2008 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Opposing retailer reference
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:54 AM

yeah but i live in the UK so i wouldnt be able to ge them shipped to me unless someone from the USA would receive them and then ship them to me.

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=575726
Old June 19th, 2008, 06:07 AM

i was in CCMs and i picked up a pair of tours. The Tours are over all a better skate and the fit i found to be similar.
Old June 19th, 2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-luke-finch View Post

i went from a ccm vector 6.0 to the new rbk 7k pump, great skate, definitely worth a look

I have an Easton Synergy SE for sale, used twice, 85 flex LH Forsberg. PM me if interested.
Old June 19th, 2008, 12:35 PM

Default Skates for 12 year old

Hey, would like some advice please

My son needs new skates. He is 12 years old, 7.5 stone and 5 ft 5. He started inline in Dec 2006 and ice in Dec 2007. Considering he has started reasonably late he is doing well. However, he still does have to improve his skating technique and is not a strong powerful skater and so I do not want to get him a boot that is too stiff.

People have recommended the Graf 703 and Bauer Vapor XXV to me. Any advice on either gratefully received. Or any other models you would advise too. We live in the UK so the selection here is not great, nor the advice. Most shops assistants look blank if you ask questions!!

Thanks
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:11 PM

http://hockey.inlinewarehouse.com/showthread.php?t=6349
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM

first of all
welcome to the board

but we have a sticky for this stuff so we dont get 100 threads daily
and here it is
as li7039 already linked too
Old June 19th, 2008, 06:58 PM

what skate is he in now? and how does it fit?
Old June 20th, 2008, 08:05 AM

Hey slofire94 and li7039 I am not trying to be a "wiseguy" or anything, but the link your sending below is actually the thread that we are on....

So unless I am missing something, which I very well maybe....all I have to say it "what they hey?"

That being said I have fit in the past into skates like Bauer Supreme 6500 and the last skate I bought the Vapor XXV was a little tight in the toebox and heel did not lock too good - What would you guys recommend for my next skate I am open to Mission, NBH and other top of line
skates....

also instead of a thread like this were everybody asks questions like what skate should I get, we should create a thread that list all skates and there approximate fit likes so.

Bauer Supreme 6500 - Narrow heal, Wide forefoot and toebox, low arch support....if we get enough skates in our "database" then people can look up on there own what would fit them best....just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slofire94 View Post
first of all
welcome to the board

but we have a sticky for this stuff so we dont get 100 threads daily
and here it is
as li7039 already linked too

Last edited by sherwood : June 20th, 2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old June 20th, 2008, 08:07 AM

the thread was moved to this thread (the thread he posted).
Old June 20th, 2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwood View Post
Hey slofire94 and li7039 I am not trying to be a "wiseguy" or anything, but the link your sending below is actually the thread that we are on....

So unless I am missing something, which I very well maybe....all I have to say it "what they hey?"

That being said I have fit in the past into skates like Bauer Supreme 6500 and the last skate I bought the Vapor XXV was a little tight in the toebox and heel did not lock too good - What would you guys recommend for my next skate I am open to Mission, NBH and other top of line
skates....

also instead of a thread like this were everybody asks questions like what skate should I get, we should create a thread that list all skates and there approximate fit likes so.

Bauer Supreme 6500 - Narrow heal, Wide forefoot and toebox, low arch support....if we get enough skates in our "database" then people can look up on there own what would fit them best....just a thought.
If you can find the previous vector series those would be owrth a try be cause they are wider in the toe box and narrower on the heel i think, but they are worth a try, but i am not srue about the new vectors.
________
Prilosec Help

Last edited by jetsrule : August 17th, 2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old June 20th, 2008, 10:21 AM

cool, I might go to some LHS and try on the Vectors....its worth a try.
The Vapor XXV's just don't fit me right, and sometimes I get foot and leg cramps...although they are a great perfromance skate - and I have reached speeds like I never have before - but over the course of a game or a long hour of pick up they get uncomfortable....with various issue. I have tried punching and stretching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsrule View Post
If you can find the previous vector series those would be owrth a try be cause they are wider in the toe box and narrower on the heel i think, but they are worth a try, but i am not srue about the new vectors.
Old June 20th, 2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liroadrunners View Post
the thread was moved to this thread (the thread he posted).
Spree merged all the posts like roadrunners said.
Old June 20th, 2008, 11:36 AM

yea go and try them sherwood, i went from vapors 20s which fit different from XXVs though but i was really pleased with my CCM V10s
________
NastyMonica live

Last edited by jetsrule : August 17th, 2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old June 20th, 2008, 11:50 AM

your best bet is to go to your lhs and tr on some skates, and go with whatever feels best. we can reccomend some models, but you trying them is the only sure way to know if they'rre right for you.

another one to try would be the supreme 70's or one90's, they're on sale eerywhere now. i had the same narrow issue when i tried the vapors on and the supremes fit me great.

I have an Easton Synergy SE for sale, used twice, 85 flex LH Forsberg. PM me if interested.
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:14 PM

yea, I was going to originaly go with the Supreme 70's then I was told they were made from the Bauer 8090 last, which is wider than the old Supreme last of the 6500's which fit great. So when I heard Vapors were more narrow and lightweight it got "stuck" in my mind - and thats the only thing I could think of "I need Vapors, I need Vapors" - So I went to the LHS and told them
"I need Vapors" - So moral of the story is don't get one brand "stuck" in your mind - go to LHS with "open mind"....and of course "fat wallet" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorsdman13 View Post
your best bet is to go to your lhs and tr on some skates, and go with whatever feels best. we can reccomend some models, but you trying them is the only sure way to know if they'rre right for you.

another one to try would be the supreme 70's or one90's, they're on sale eerywhere now. i had the same narrow issue when i tried the vapors on and the supremes fit me great.