Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > General Equipment Advice
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM

Default Questions About 2011 RBKs With Hummer Chassis

Does anybody know what the pitch is like on the new 2011 Reebok inlines with the hummer chassis? I've been skaing on tri-di for years and it has a forward pitch. I need to replace my old 5ks but I'm just not sure how I'm going to feel in the straight 80 setup. My biggest concern with the straight 80 is will I lose my balance and agility due to being higher off the floor?
Old October 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM

A review from another forum, hope it helps:

I just played 2 games on the new 11ks, coming from the old 9k crimson shadows. At first it felt a little weird not being able to pivot my feet as freely, and the longer wheel base takes a little getting used to. But I think overall it was an improvement. I don't think I lost any agility really because even tho the tri di was able to make cuts a little faster/sharper, there was always some slippage, where as with the hummers I felt in total control. Stopping and quick starts were a huge improvement too, very little slipping.

I was a little worried at first because I've been skating on some form of rocker since the first true bauer hockey skates with the plastic chassis and the little inserts that let you move the wheels up and down. But now I feel the hummer is definitely superior. Biggest thing to get used to for me is really just the increased wheel base. I should also mention that I had the same softness labeda addictions on my tri-di skates as well. Also the difference in pitch wasn't really that noticeable for me, a little more neutral than the tri-di, but it wasn't really something I noticed in the heat of the game.
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:32 PM

Just played my first game in the 9k inlines and definitely felt different. Didn't feel like I had my first step at all but felt more comfortable as the game went on. I think new stiff boots factor into this too. Other than that they felt good.
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:06 AM

Default 9k's

def agree with peterod about the stifness, the foam near the toe cap can feel like its crushing my pinky toes at times, but after a few weeks of break in if it's still a problem i can just get them punched in that area.

I went to these skates because i was looking to get away from the hi-lo setup. i had been using 72-80 for about 10 years. My major problem as a defenseman was that i always felt like i was falling over while skating backwards on the hi-lo. i have only skated a couple of games with the all 80 but for me, it has been a massive improvement. there is a difference in feel coming from the hi-lo but after skating around for 20 minutes i felt comfortable on the all 80. The moment for me where i knew i made the right decision going with the 9k's was when we lined up for the first faceoff, i bent my knees to get into an aggressive position and didnt feel like i was going to fall on my face.

hope this helps and if you have any other questions about the skates let me know
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM

Have played 2 games since my initial post and the chassis I feel like I am pretty use and have my first step back. I am experiencing some pain on the ankle bones but hopefully it's just a little break in pain and not a continuing issue. I skipped the lace lock after my first game and feel a lot more comfortable also.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:41 PM

Are you pumping them too much?