Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > General Equipment Advice
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 13th, 2011, 08:56 AM

Default glove search...

coming back to the sport after a decade off and i'm shopping for some gloves. i've narrowed it down to:

- bauer 4 roll pros
- reebok 7000 4 rolls (the 9000s are a bit pricey)
- ccm 4 roll pros
- warrior bonafides (though they're falling off my radar)

any advice would be greatly appreciated, as i dig the traditional 4 roll design and am a bit out of the loop on some of the new technology.

thanks again!
Old July 13th, 2011, 10:43 AM

i own the bauers they're probably the best you can get for that price point in protection and durability. I havent been able to really use the reeboks as we dont get much in my area. its all really what youre comfortable with. but the bauers wont let you down ive had mine a bit. if you can try em on and see how they feel is what i'd recommend
Sticks: Bauer Totalone, Totalone 2-piece
Pants: RBK 9K pants
Old July 13th, 2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_franchise81 View Post
i own the bauers they're probably the best you can get for that price point in protection and durability. I havent been able to really use the reeboks as we dont get much in my area. its all really what youre comfortable with. but the bauers wont let you down ive had mine a bit. if you can try em on and see how they feel is what i'd recommend

thanks for the response!

couldn't find any in my area, so i went with the reeboks from a site i won't mention.

thanks again!
Old July 14th, 2011, 04:46 AM

the original bonafides were great gloves. Def try on the gloves if possible
After a narrow victory in 1994, Boston Bruins defenseman Al Iafrate was asked why, in the closing moments of the game, he had fired the puck around the boards rather than into the empty net. His reply? "Empty-net goals are for faggots."
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to garbuz Send a message via AIM to garbuz Send a message via MSN to garbuz

for a given price range Bauer 4 roll is the best glove. I would even compare them with Eagle PPFs. I have both and can't really decide which one is better.
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:59 AM

Having tried on just about every good glove made over the last few years (and having ppfi's / Bauer 4 rolls currently in my bag) for me it's the 4 rolls that consistently get pulled on when game time rolls around.
Like any glove in this class with their wonderfully supple palms, the trade off is the lifespan of them so get yourself some hardy gloves for training and mucking around like the rbk 9k's from 2 years ago.
Old July 20th, 2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet88 View Post
Having tried on just about every good glove made over the last few years (and having ppfi's / Bauer 4 rolls currently in my bag) for me it's the 4 rolls that consistently get pulled on when game time rolls around.
Like any glove in this class with their wonderfully supple palms, the trade off is the lifespan of them so get yourself some hardy gloves for training and mucking around like the rbk 9k's from 2 years ago.
sent the reeboks back yesterday after trying them on. just not crazy about the feel.

heard nothing but great things about the bauer 4 rolls, so i placed an order for those!

thanks again for the advice!
Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:04 PM

get the reebook 7000's or the ccm's, a lot of people have told me that the bauer's are crap