Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > General Equipment Advice
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 12th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Default alkali ca7 review

just jad my first skate in them today, no bake, i skated from 12 to 830 with a break for lunch, at first i had normal break in pains with no blisters! the wheels were a bit slpppery at first but by my game at 7 they were very grippy! i love them, the chassis is phenomenal coming from the vanguard set up i like this 1000000 times more, the out sole has amazing power transfer, better than my previous rx60 skates i think. the boot could have been a touch stiffer but i still love it, the fit is perfect for me, my only complaint is lace bite, that is the only down fall i have found, and when i say lace bite i mean lace BITE they really bite but they are a great skate overall
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:23 PM

after more use i decided to put them up for sale, pm me if you are interested, size 10.5 used 2 games and 3 stick and pucks, never baked. looking for 350 +shipping, they look brand new. pm for picks or if you have any questions need to sell these asap
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:48 AM

Man that is a bummer, I was eying these for my next skate. It looked like there was metatarsal guard like the Bauers have that might have helped prevent lace bite.

I'm assuming the lace bite was too much and that is the reason for selling?

Thank you for reviewing these and posting your experiences.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBob View Post
Man that is a bummer, I was eying these for my next skate. It looked like there was metatarsal guard like the Bauers have that might have helped prevent lace bite.

I'm assuming the lace bite was too much and that is the reason for selling?

Thank you for reviewing these and posting your experiences.
no, lace bite was not that bad, the reason why i am selling is because i need money :( but i loved them
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzcheezy View Post
no, lace bite was not that bad, the reason why i am selling is because i need money :( but i loved them
good you clarified that. Lace bite is the main thing i look at in skates so you almost had me turned off from alkali's