Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > The Game of Hockey - Questions, Discussions & Leagues > Help Me!
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 27th, 2011, 06:24 AM

Default Grit tower Bag

My daughter (9) and my son (7) have got to the point where the dress themselves well, except for tying skates. The only issue they have is finding their gear in their bags and then getting back into their bags. This is especially hard for my daughter because she also has goalie gear in her bag.

I was thinking of getting each of them a grit tower bag. The goalie gear will stay in the old bag.
I was thinking of going ahead and getting the large one so they will just grow into it. Any thoughts on which size?

Also, any thoughts on the bag will be great as well.

thanks,

Ernie
Old September 27th, 2011, 05:09 PM

Works great; had mine for a couple years now. Plenty of storage space for my stuff. I used to get razzed for using a wheeled bag but not much anymore... in fact more and more around here are using them now. When you get older you get wiser... it's a lot easier on your back to use a wheeled bag. ;)
Old September 28th, 2011, 06:00 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I will go ahead and order the large.
Old October 5th, 2011, 06:46 AM

Just to add my 2 cents...I initially thought these Grit bags were a bit pricey for their purpose, but went ahead and bit the bullet for one. I can say say now that they are are DEFINITELY worth every penny. These storage compartments work very well for storing all the gear in their proper places so organization is a snap, and the ventilation holes to dry the gear is actually functional, and not just some cheap gimmick. The fold down foot pad and the stick holster on either side is really handy too. I don't think you will regret the purchase. I just wish inline/ice warehouse carried these...
Old October 5th, 2011, 10:08 AM

thanks, we actually just received them yesterday. Kids put their stuff in them. We will test them out tonight in the locker room at practice. I am looking forward to only having to tie skates instead of help digging in their bags to find their stuff.
Old October 7th, 2011, 06:06 AM

Ok, so the kids and the wife love them. I am not completely sold yet. They are huge and tough for the kids to get up and down stairs. We play at a civic center.

It is a cool idea but they are huge.
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:15 AM

i picked up a 36" grit bag last week and so far i absolutly love it. it took a few trys to figure out how to fit all my gear, but now that i have it figured out i love it compared to my old bag
Old January 7th, 2012, 07:27 AM

I must be the odd man out 'cause I actually ditched mine to go back to a cheap Reebok Pro bag (32"). Tower bag(s) were just too big/bulky, imo.

Last edited by LeMagnifique66 : January 8th, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old January 12th, 2012, 07:33 AM

yah the grit bags are def the easy route !
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:02 AM

I got one and getting everything to fit is a pain. Granted I just got it. The main selling point for me was the replaceable wheels. It is built very well and it has nifty features. I just wished it was a little bigger.