Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > The Game of Hockey - Questions, Discussions & Leagues > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM

Default 2011-2012 NHL Season

After last night's NHL Awards

- Thought it was pretty good but God to I hate how LAME the Canuck players are, Sedins and Kessler looked like corpses.

How about today, Flyers trading their captain Mike Richards (LA Kings) and Jeff Carter (Blue Jackets)!!!

Plus Thrashers moving to Winnepeg!

What a start to the off season!!!
HNA NJ Americans (Ice)

Twitter: FSJ80
PS3: FSJ80

NikeBauer gear whore, if you got NikeBauer, I will buy it.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 06:44 PM

LOVE that Winnepeg is gonna be back on the map. idk why but I love the Jets of old, never watched them growing up or anything but I just love 'em.

I'm a bit scared for my Sharks now that Richards is on the Kings... Might be the end of our reign as Pacific Champs if Doug Wilson doesn't go out and get a #1 shutdown Dman...
Gloves: Anisimov NYR Bauer XXXX's
Pants: Warrior Pro Stock Hustlers Isles "Sutton"
Shins: CCM V08
Skates: MLX
Sticks: Bauer X:60
Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM

I think that the trades worked out pretty well for both teams. Richards will definitely help push the Kings farther in the playoffs but I wouldn't exactly consider them cup contenders yet. I was a little surprised to see the Kings give up Brayden Schenn though. I thought they would keep him for sure. For the Carter trade i'd say it was pretty even too. The Jackets needed help immediately in my opinion and to not wait for the No. 8 pick to develop which could take a few years. Overall, I feel that the Jackets and Kings got some immediate help but not really sure what the Flyers are planning on doing to fill the void of some of their most important players. I was a little scared being a Bruins fan with the Flyers addition of Bryzgalov but i'm less worried now.
Old June 26th, 2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtut208 View Post
I was a little scared being a Bruins fan with the Flyers addition of Bryzgalov but i'm less worried now.
Why? It's not like Carter does anything in the playoffs.. ever. I'm shocked they got as much as they did for him. Holmgren definitely ended up on top in this deal, no question.

Their roster is so much more balanced now and it's no secret there was a cancer in the locker room focused around Richards and Carter. There has been a logjam at center for years. Now Briere and Giroux can stay at center and won't get stuck on wings where their production clearly suffers. They added size on the wings, something they've been hurting for for a long time.

Once the shock of losing fan favorites subsides, Flyers fans will realize what great deals these were. The Flyers are SET for the future. Giroux, JVR, Schenn, Couturier, Voracek. That's a dirty lineup of very young studs and prospects.
The National Hockey League rule book spells out 87 rules and hundreds of sub-rules that govern its game. There is an 88th rule that goes unwritten: The league’s braintrust can invalidate any of the others, so long as it behooves their short-sighted and selfish interests.