Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Sticks
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 15th, 2012, 11:07 AM

Thank you but unfortunately i cant afford a 250 dollar stick. It does sound nice to get a stick like that. It is true i load almost all of my weight into my shots so i can cause many sticks to break in weird ways. I was thinking of a stick that is in about the 100 to 150 dollar price range with the i can afford is 170.
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

I totally understand. Take a look at the One.7 stick. I think it will make a difference.
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM

what about the older model of the totalone? is that about the same as the new totalone nxg, obviously not but does it have some of the same features?
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Yes it does. If you can find one of the older TotalOne's then snatch it up. I liked the older models a little bit better than the NXG. I like the blades better.
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:52 PM

sweet thanks i will be trying out the sticks soon to choose between the 87 or 102 flex and hopefully get my hands on that stick. thanks again
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Yea no problem. Let us know what you think when you get your hands on either stick.
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:07 PM

Just got the new ccm stick...crazy how they cost like 250 now. Anyone else like this stick or have any input about it?
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

CCM sent us one to test out and when i used it I really liked the pop off of the blade and i really liked how I still had a good feel for the puck. I also like how the kick point depends on where your lower hand is. That really allows you to take any type of shot and get the most out of it.
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Default Needing some direction

Hey guys, im coming into a little cash and it seems i can buy a stick or two

Unfortunately i dont have a proshop, except the local rink which only has bauer gear (not for me,).

Im thinking i really like the 11k and ill probably buy one of those since i found one fairly cheap.

But, i wanna buy another top end from this year and im thinking of either the RS since ive always loved the stealths or a new DT1 from warrior...

Im hearing great things about the new warriors and their durability seems to have improved also?

Im a heavy shooter but im not hard on my sticks... im 6'1 240 ish, played alot of hockey and i need a good twig.

Based on shot and feel what are any thoughts out there?

Please and thanks!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipesky91 View Post
Hey guys, im coming into a little cash and it seems i can buy a stick or two

Unfortunately i dont have a proshop, except the local rink which only has bauer gear (not for me,).

Im thinking i really like the 11k and ill probably buy one of those since i found one fairly cheap.

But, i wanna buy another top end from this year and im thinking of either the RS since ive always loved the stealths or a new DT1 from warrior...

Im hearing great things about the new warriors and their durability seems to have improved also?

Im a heavy shooter but im not hard on my sticks... im 6'1 240 ish, played alot of hockey and i need a good twig.

Based on shot and feel what are any thoughts out there?

Please and thanks!

Not a problem! So based off of what you are looking at already (RS and DT1), I would recommend the DT1 over the Stealth for sure. Warrior stepped it up this year and delivered a quality line of sticks, including the DT2 which might interest you since you are a bigger guy like some NHL'ers. Warrior fused the stick purposely so that it would provide much greater torsional resistance than true one-piece, this gives the player a more accurate shot while also boosting durability and power some. The DT1 is a great stick nonetheless, the dagger taper is very aggressive so this will load very easy and give you a quick release on your shot.

Another popular item that I think would suit you better than a low-kick stick (DT1 and RS) is Bauer's TotalONE NXG. It has an "amplified mid-kick" which means that the lower portion of the shaft below the kick point is stiffened in order to speed up the loading process. There's a reason or two you'll see tons of pro's using this stick and I personally would take the NXG over any other Bauer stick (APX or Nexus 1000).
Old April 29th, 2013, 08:47 PM

Hello there, I'm down to my last TPS R6 armor(XN10) bought years ago, it's kinda heavy by today standards but it's still my favorite stick up to now. I've tried many others but the only other I like a lot was the mission TI but they don't make that any longer either.

So anyway my questions is what would be the current "spiritual successor of the R6" ?

Couple note about what I'm looking for:
- something sturdy that lasts a while
- I play center so often break my stick on the lower shaft (face-offs), so extra strength there is good.
- <150$ preferably, i don't care if it's older model or clearance
- I don't care if it's not the lightest
- Good feel is a plus but I'm not much of a dangler so doesn't matter too much.
- I'm 6'1, 185# playing once or twice a week all year in intermediate+ adult league.

Thanks.
Old May 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

So there aren't very many sticks that are similar to the TPS Response R6 Stick. Performance and price wise though, I would recommend the CCM RBZ 60 (http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=CRZ6S). It will have a great release and feel like the R6 with a price that won't break the bank.
Old May 17th, 2013, 05:48 PM

Hi all,

I've always used the easton line of sticks and have been using the easton rs. I'm currently debating between the easton rs2 and the warrior covert dt1.

I play competitively in the aihl league and a few rec leagues here and there. I primarily take wrist or snap shots , am 5'8 around 165. I use the cammilleri curve 85 flex.

Any suggestions?
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponte11 View Post
Hi all,

I've always used the easton line of sticks and have been using the easton rs. I'm currently debating between the easton rs2 and the warrior covert dt1.

I play competitively in the aihl league and a few rec leagues here and there. I primarily take wrist or snap shots , am 5'8 around 165. I use the cammilleri curve 85 flex.

Any suggestions?
If you like the feel of the Easton RS, the RS2 may be the stick for you. Although like the original RS, the RS2 has some known durability issues. The Warrior Covert DT1 is a solid alternative with great pop and durability. Overall if it were up to me, I would go with the Covert DT1.
Old October 8th, 2013, 10:02 AM

Default CCM RBZ or Easton Mako II

Looking to pick up the CCM RBZ or Easton Mako II. Which one would perform better?

Also, does a CCM lie 6 play true to a lie 6? (Coming from a lie 5 in Easton)
Old November 29th, 2013, 08:23 AM

Default New Stick

Typically I use the Easton Stealth RS grip. I'm debating on picking up a new stick for Christmas and trying a different make. I'm torn between trying a Bauer (not sure which line to go with) or the Reebok RibCor grip as a lot of guys at the rink have been talking how much they like it.

Any suggestions, break downs, etc?
Old November 30th, 2013, 01:06 PM

Default Replacement stick for CCM U+ crazy light stick

Does anyone know what stick CCM would send me as a warranty replacement for a CCM U+ Crazy Light senior stick? Would it be the CCM RBZ Stage 2?
Old September 2nd, 2014, 07:12 PM

Default XN10 replacement

My favorite stick ever is the XN10 (except for the durability). I used a few sticks since my XN10 broke a few years ago, but never found one that I liked near as much. My question is simple: should I be looking for a low kick point stick, a mid kick point stick, etc.??
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Oh man. That was an awesome stick! I'd recommend looking for low-kick point stick to replace it.
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:26 AM

Thanks!

Just bought a Sher-Wood N12. Hope I like it