Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Other Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman09 View Post
Vapor X:60 player pants, or the girdle + shell?
I'd say that's kinda a preference thing. Both are exceptional for protection but it's also about the mobility. I like the girdle on my 7k, I'll most likely go back to a regular after for preference.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:53 PM

Oh and I'm looking for some new protective(elbow,shin,shoulder). I'm thinking spending around 70 for elbow, 100 for shin, 100 for shoulder buying retail.. I'm leaning into X:40 gear. Any other suggestions?
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:39 AM

jofa...............if you can find it lol
After a narrow victory in 1994, Boston Bruins defenseman Al Iafrate was asked why, in the closing moments of the game, he had fired the puck around the boards rather than into the empty net. His reply? "Empty-net goals are for faggots."
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:53 PM

So I'm in the market for another helmet. I already have a Ccm v08 helmet and like it lot. I was going to get the Bauer 4500 but read bout the poor padding and protection system. What helmet do you recommend for looks and function?

Thx
Old July 4th, 2010, 07:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to hockeyray

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckstar View Post
So I'm in the market for another helmet. I already have a Ccm v08 helmet and like it lot. I was going to get the Bauer 4500 but read bout the poor padding and protection system. What helmet do you recommend for looks and function?

Thx
for looks...4500 haha. but for both, go for a reebok 8k or 6k
Old July 4th, 2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckstar View Post

Thx
5500 suits me fine. Do you plan on trying some on or are you ordering online?
After a narrow victory in 1994, Boston Bruins defenseman Al Iafrate was asked why, in the closing moments of the game, he had fired the puck around the boards rather than into the empty net. His reply? "Empty-net goals are for faggots."
Old July 6th, 2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJuniorBlackhawks View Post
5500 suits me fine. Do you plan on trying some on or are you ordering online?
Planning to make a trip to the store. just wanted to gather some background info on some helmets, and check which ones i should make a bee line towards once i enter into the store lol
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
jofa...............if you can find it lol
I find it funny you say this at the moment. I was a my LHS in Vancouver and I found 4 pairs of Jofa/Rbk Pro elbow pads going for 60. I liked them, but liked the NBH Pro Defenders better so I got those...so you know.
Old July 13th, 2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextBobbyOrr View Post
I find it funny you say this at the moment. I was a my LHS in Vancouver and I found 4 pairs of Jofa/Rbk Pro elbow pads going for 60. I liked them, but liked the NBH Pro Defenders better so I got those...so you know.
Which jofa elbows did they have............there's a bunch of different ones.
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Which jofa elbows did they have............there's a bunch of different ones.
That's the thing they had a lot. Rbk 8k Pros, Jofa 8000, Jofa 9177 and a really weird one that didn't have the top part of an elbow pad just like the elbow stuff. But it was cool to see. I'm considering going back for some shouldies I saw. I think a few 5500/6500.
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:26 AM

If there was a 9144 I think you would have liked those as much as the nbh pro defenders
Old July 15th, 2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
If there was a 9144 I think you would have liked those as much as the nbh pro defenders
I just googled those up, I think I would've liked them too. But when it came down to it, my descision was based solely on comfort and mobility and I felt Bauer edged out on comfort.
Old July 17th, 2010, 11:37 AM

Rbk 8k pro/Jofa 9177 elbows or Vapor X:60? How are the new Bauer Pro elbows?
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:15 PM

of course I would go with the 9177 lol
Old July 18th, 2010, 05:55 PM

Now I'm stoked. I found a store that has some old Jofa gear. Jofa 7500 for $50, Jofa 6000 for $40, Rbk 8k(with all the jofa stuff) for 120. I'm gonna pick one of them up this week. Most likely the 7500 or 8k.
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Default Looking to change up Shoulder pad set up.

I currently own a set of Reebok 5k shoulders and a set of Classic Sherwoods.
I play in a C+ ICE beer league and cant decide what to stick with for shoulder pads for my league. My 5k shoulders clearly offer more than enough protection but don't feel comfy and lack mobility. My Sherwoods are the opposite, great mobility but light on protection. Thought about going Reebok padded shirt and Sherwood Classics over the shirt. Anybody try this? The Sternum protection is my biggest fear. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
Position: Defense
Old February 19th, 2011, 07:31 PM

Looking for new pants and elbows. Don't need anything that protective as it's beer league, so lightweight and mobility first.

I like the way Supreme pants fit (tighter at waist, loose in thighs), so unless someone has suggestions that are similar/better, I'll probably just get something like the One55, One75. I did also have some interest in Warrior pants, but have no idea how they run on sizing. I get a large in Supremes, but would need XL if they run smaller. My LHS is out of stock on everything til May.

As far as elbow pads go, I currently have one piece elbow pads from about 10 years ago, so just about anything is an improvement. I didn't like the way the Vapor X30s or X40s or the Reebok 4Ks fit as I have fairly burly arms.

Barring more suggestions, was looking at the CCM Fit05, Fit07, or Fit09s, and the Warrior Hitmans.. Kind of between a medium and a large on sizing, so size advice on that would be appreciated as well.

Last edited by glu : February 20th, 2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:33 AM

I am looking at the Easton Synergy EQ30 and the Reebok 7K pants. Any advice on which to choose ? I also like the CCM u+09 but that might be overkill and I'd rather save the $25.
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:30 AM

Default shoulder pads

I play at the High School Varsity level. I currently have V10's. Should I stick with them or get new one's? Price isn't a problem. The V10's are just getting a little small on me. Looking for the all around most protective shoulder pads. Thank's guys.
Old January 10th, 2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercalo2000 View Post
I am looking at the Easton Synergy EQ30 and the Reebok 7K pants. Any advice on which to choose ? I also like the CCM u+09 but that might be overkill and I'd rather save the $25.
The reebok 7k are nice