Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Helmets/Visors
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 5th, 2011, 07:09 AM

Default Best helmet for a "tall" head?

Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm looking for a new helmet and I'm trying to find something that will fit better than helmets I've worn in the past. I have a relatively large head, 7 3/8 hat size, but it's kinda "taller" than most. This results in helmets riding kinda high on my head and I feel like (a) it doesn't protect the back and sides of my head as well as it could and (b) it looks kinda goofy. Does anyone know of helmets that come down a little further than most? I live in FL so there aren't many shops where I can just go and try on 15 different models.
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to fatwabbit

I would recommend the M11. Good protection, and very easily adjustable. Its the most comfortable helmet I've worn, and I've got a big head. Normal ball caps dont fit me.
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:14 PM

the m11 is a good suggestion as they seem to be one of the deeper fitting helmets out there imo.
another one to consider is the ccm v08 as i found that they also tend to fit pretty deep compared to other helmets i tried on. might wanna stay away from bauer.
reeboks also tend to fit pretty deep.
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to DField56

My Bauer 5100 seems like it is a pretty deep helmet, compared to other helmet's I have used
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:21 AM

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm currently rocking an old Bauer 5000 so I'm definitely due for an upgrade. I've heard some talk about the M11 not playing nicely with different shields/cages..has anyone had issues with that?
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutto View Post
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm currently rocking an old Bauer 5000 so I'm definitely due for an upgrade. I've heard some talk about the M11 not playing nicely with different shields/cages..has anyone had issues with that?
Actually just got one as it fit my wide head the best of any helmet I've ever tried.

Trying to put my Oakley visor on it was a pain in the ass. I had to use longer screws on the bottom.

You should be ok, just know it may require slight modifications.