Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > General Equipment Advice
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 16th, 2009, 04:30 PM

I would say yes, but make sure you condition the palms of your gloves afterwards. I washed my 4-rolls recently and conditioned with shaving cream... great results so far.
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to hockeyray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwu7 View Post
I would say yes, but make sure you condition the palms of your gloves afterwards. I washed my 4-rolls recently and conditioned with shaving cream... great results so far.
Do you mean like rub in shaving cream? could i use something other than shaving cream? what wold this do for the palms?

Last edited by hockeyray : November 17th, 2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old November 19th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Yep just take a small bit of shaving cream and work it in to the outside of the palm with you hands. I also take a very small bit for the inside of the palms. It basically keeps the glove from drying out and getting crusty. The result is a softer and more supple feeling palm.

I use womens skintimate for dry skin, since it has lanolin in it to help soften palms. It also keeps them smelling fresh. I'm sure you could use baseball mitt oil, but becareful with that stuff... I've heard it was very concentrated and could damage your palms if too much is applied. Also take a look at FunkFree spray, I've read some good things about it.
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:27 AM

Send a message via MSN to fatwabbit

If you have a swimming pool, just toss everythin in. The chlorine should kill most germs. Dont tell your parents though... haahhaha
Old November 21st, 2009, 01:04 PM

I just want to chime in that the Activated Carbon works wonders for keeping stuff super dry, but in the main chamber of a hockey bag I have to put like 3 30 gallon pouches in.. slowly the smell is starting to dissipate, and my gloves and skates were dry as a bone just hours after practice! Coupled with a bagball + alcohol spritz, I think this wins.
Old November 21st, 2009, 05:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to hockeyray

I threw everything in the wash. just used regular laundry machine soap and fabric softener. After a couple hours of drying, everything smells great. Even conditioned my palms with some gilette shaving cream and they smell wonderful.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:27 AM

Default sani sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiger View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the stench out of your pads? After a game, I hang my gear up in my garage to dry out, but it's still nasty. I don't want to throw my elbow pads and shin guards in the washing machine. I've tried using a lysol spray, but that seems like a temporary cover up.

Any ideas?

hey!
you should totally try sani sport (www.sanisport.com) - it kills the bacteria in your equipment in a totally safe way. the bacteria is what causes the foul smell in your equipment!