Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > The Game of Hockey - Questions, Discussions & Leagues > Adult Hockey Leagues
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to JoeyJ0506 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyJ0506

Beaver Falls Area (45 Min. North of Pittsburgh)

Mount Nebo Dek League
Neville Island College Inline Club League: Geneva College (1st season this coming fall)

also looking for a beginners ice league around my area...
Walnut Grove Gulls Hockey
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJ0506 View Post
Beaver Falls Area (45 Min. North of Pittsburgh)

Mount Nebo Dek League
Neville Island College Inline Club League: Geneva College (1st season this coming fall)

also looking for a beginners ice league around my area...
How old are you? If you're over 30 then there are a few "beginner" ice leagues in the area (draft-style leagues), but if you're under 30, I'm afraid you'd, most likely, have to find a team to play with in a "D" level ice league in order to play.
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:35 AM

Ruffs Dale here. Will be playing out of Hot Shots in the old farts puck league starting in September. I'm picking the game back up after a 12 year layoff.

I'm still looking for places to practice. I'm a 9-5'er and can't make stick time at Hot Shots or Bladerunners since they insist on doing it during work hours.

I'd love to find some places to play pick up games in the evenings, weekends or outdoors in local parks...if they exist. Just give me somewhere to skate.
Old July 8th, 2008, 11:44 AM

I'd imagine "beginner" would be a bit of a stretch, my skating is pretty strong with the exception of my stopping. I'll be 21 in september. the thing is, i understand the game better than most and don't want to be stuck playing with a bunch of gorillas swinging sticks. i took a really nasty hack across my thigh at Mt. Nebo in the winter dek league that opened up my leg, and i don't want to repeat that anytime soon. the closest rink to me is brady's run park, but last i heard their ice rink is in the air because it caught fire. i'm looking forward to the neville island college inline league in the fall though.
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:57 AM

Default Valley Sports Complex

Currently play in the C league at Valley. We are looking to add a couple of players, would like someone that can move between wing and defense. We have a couple of D players so we would like to add some quality C players. The league was a bit uneven, but the guy running it seems to be taking action to get it leveled out.

Anyone out there know anyone?
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM

Default Possible good news for Westmoreland cnty

Inliners in Westmoreland might possibly have an outdoor sport court coming to the area. I've been talking with the N. Huntingdon Parks director and they are very interested in renovating an old basketball court into a 60x120 sport court for inline hockey use. Summer outdoor leagues, practice area and pick up games!

Once I find out for sure, I'll be sure to post.
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggaetravel View Post
Ruffs Dale here. Will be playing out of Hot Shots in the old farts puck league starting in September. I'm picking the game back up after a 12 year layoff.

I'm still looking for places to practice. I'm a 9-5'er and can't make stick time at Hot Shots or Bladerunners since they insist on doing it during work hours.

I'd love to find some places to play pick up games in the evenings, weekends or outdoors in local parks...if they exist. Just give me somewhere to skate.

harmurville used to have inline stick time on saturday nights dont know if they still do or not
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:02 AM

Not according the calendar on their website.
Old July 10th, 2008, 02:49 PM

Me and a few other 30ish year olds try and play every Saturday morning at some tennis courts in Lower Burrell. (inline)

PM me if interested.

This might be the wrong thread to post this in, so forgive me if that's the case.
Old July 19th, 2008, 12:02 PM

I play A Roller in Butler at Family Sports Center, and A Ice in New Ken at Valley. Does anyone know of any pretty competitive roller tournaments on the east coast. I really wanna get a team together for a tourney somewhere. I hear Jersey has some good teams and tourneys?
Old July 20th, 2008, 01:54 PM

Hot Shots and the Penguins are doing a tournament August 16-17. Info here: penguinsroller@hotmail.com or call 412-231-6759

3 divisions, one is competitive puck, one is competitive ball and an open division.
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:12 PM

Still in high school but i play at Harmorville and Neville Island
Old December 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM

Thats cool. Who for?
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:06 AM

Lets pick this thread back up!

Any pittsburgh players still around these boards? I play with a bunch of guys in the IHL leagues at Hotshots. A few of us would love to jump into an Ice league at Center or something close as well.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:02 AM

I just started playing out at Hot Shots about 4-5 weeks ago. Been dropping in the Monday and Friday night pick up games every week. LOVE it! I should be bringing another friend this Friday. He used to play a lot of ice in HS/College. Just gathering his gear now to get back into it.

I'm also thinking about ice in the Spring, maybe getting in an over 30, beginner league at Delmont for the Summer.
Old December 15th, 2009, 01:24 PM

We have a team that is going to be playing C league at ice castle in Castle Shannon end of Jan/ Early Feb. We are still looking for another goalie so if anyone wants to play PM me or email.

Last edited by ParagonCC : December 20th, 2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old January 4th, 2010, 06:55 AM

I want to try this summer league team construction again. I know it is January but last year we started late and things never really got going. My thought is that if this team gets made up we'll try to keep it together as long as we can giving us all somewhere to play year-round. I'm willing to take the full responsibility of registering the team at Warrendale or Neville Island, and having jerseys made.

Jerseys will be made through MSH member SubliTwill. I had a set made by him for my college inline team this year and the results are astounding. His prices are very reasonable given the quality of his product. Along with the price of the jersey comes my promise to you guys that for as long as I live in the Pittsburgh area I will keep them team running so that we all have somewhere to play. I'm tired of jumping around and hoping people have empty roster spots as I know some of you probably are too. So, while we may not be getting $25 jerseys we will be using them over and over; really getting our money's worth out of them. Colors will be orange, blue, and white, and the jerseys themselves will be fully dye subliminated. Our main color will be orange so we do not need a home and away jersey. One neutral color will cut our future costs ensuring that after our first season we will not need any more sets of uniforms. Once things get moving in the right direction and people commit I'll ask SubliTwill to design a custom and unique jersey for us. I recolored the old San Diego Gulls Logo to fit the team's colors. When/If the time comes I will set up a PayPal account to collect money from everyone for jerseys. League fees will be collected closer to the beginning of the season. SubliTwill takes 5 weeks to have jerseys made so there will be a considerable buffer between ordering the jerseys and the beginning of the season. This should also help to make the cost easier on everyone by spacing it out considerably.

Our Logo:

We'll need 18 total serskat to make sure the price is reasonable per player, and that there are enough people in case some people can not show up on any given night.

12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 1 Goalie

The goalie owes us no league fees, but must pay for their jersey. Hopefully this entices someone to come play for us. We really cannot have a team without someone being committed to showing up and tending the net for us.

The Warrendale league fee is $1,200 per team, with 18 skaters paying will come down to $67 per player. I will give everyone a final jersey fee when I know we have enough players to put a team on the rink.

EDIT:

Here's pictures of the jersey I have from the batch SubliTwill custom made for my college inline team. As you can see, the quality of the product is worth the price.

Last edited by JoeyJ0506 : January 17th, 2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:36 PM

Ever consider Center Ice instead? I'd be down, but I may be too far from Warrendale and Neville.

Is the team for ice or inline?
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreww View Post
Ever consider Center Ice instead? I'd be down, but I may be too far from Warrendale and Neville.

Is the team for ice or inline?
The team is men's league ice hockey.

most of the players live withing half an hour of the Neville Island and Warrendale rinks. Delmont and Center Ice Arena are an hour and fifteen minute drive for me with no traffic and perfect weather. So, that's not really an option.
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:37 AM

Is anybody interested? You can contact me here or via PM if so.